- For each whole fish get a large sheet of newspaper doubled and run it briefly under the tap.
- Place the fish at an angle near one corner.
- Place whatever seasonings you like such as herbs/flavoured butter in the fish's cavity.
- Roll it up like a parcel tucking in the ends.
- Lay each parcel on a baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in a moderately hot oven (gas 5/ 190 C/375 F) and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the newspaper is dry.
- When you unwrap the fish you will find that the skin will come away with the paper and the fish will be perfectly cooked.
If you haven't tried this do have a go. It's magic! Mary