STRAWBERRY CRUSH – cut off any mouldy bits, then mash soft strawberries with a fork and …
- add to rhubarb before stewing or roasting.
- freeze in small pots and when you’ve got enough, thaw slightly and blend with a banana, any other soft fruit and yoghurt/juice for a healthy smoothie
- add to whipped cream (or half cream/half Greek yoghurt) and a little sugar then freeze to make homemade ice cream
- add to a sponge cake mix plus vanilla or almond essence or lemon rind and juice for delicious, moist buns
- serve on cereal for a healthy twist to breakfast
- add a little sugar, if needed, and spoon over ice cream (I think that’s what posh chefs call “coulis”)
- add a little sugar and use as jam on scones with cream