2 tablespoons rice
About 1¾ pints (1 litre) stock
A little salt
A handful of fresh mint leaves
6 oz (235 g) thick yoghurt
1 tablespoon flour
1 oz (29 g) butter
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Wash the rice and cook in the stock with the salt for 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Chop the mint leaves coarsely and add half of them to the rice and stock.
3. Beat the yoghurt, egg and flour together and stir into the soup.
4. Keep the soup warm but do not allow to boil.
5. Melt the butter and mix in the remaining mint and the paprika.
6. Serve with the butter mixture poured in an attractive trail across the soup.