350ml milk 250g pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
250g plain flour
3 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin puree, egg, oil and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, dark brown soft sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture, until just combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour about 4 tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
JAMIE'S APPLE PANCAKES Serves 4
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup semi-skimmed milk
1 free-range egg
1 pinch sea salt
a few knobs butter
fat-free natural yoghurt, to serve
runny honey, to serve
- Put the flour, milk, egg and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Once combined, grate in the pear, core and all then stir it through with a spoon.
- Put a large pan on a medium heat and add a knob of butter. Once that melts, add the batter, a spoonful at a time to the hot pan. You'll need to cook them in batches, cooking them for a few minutes until golden on the bottom, then lipping over and cooking for a few minutes more until they're done.
- When they are golden and fluffy, serve them right away with a dollop of natural yoghurt and some runny honey drizzled all over the top.